The Lingl Group is the largest independent, privately-run supplier of equipment and services to the heavy clay industry in the world with over 500 employees and locations on every continent.
Year Founded: 1964
Located: Congleton, Cheshire
What we've found is when our staff, especially our install team, are on new installations that these are usually in remote areas, out of town and with no mobile signal.
Previously we would buy signal boosters, however the signal would usually get lost whilst on or around the scaffolding. With Temovi we don't need them any more as we can use the Wifi.
We had doubts that the video conferencing feature would work as all other have failed. However with Temovi we were pleasantly surprised to be able to use this great feature and have video conferences with our HQ in Germany.
Mike Acton, Head of Engineering
Back to Case Studies >
In 1964 Hans Lingl (UK) Ltd was established to improve the accessibility of Lingl products and services for customers in the important UK market. 50 years later, Lingl UK is recognised as a Centre of Excellence in the design, manufacture and servicing of many key products in the Lingl portfolio.
Focused on innovation, its bespoke projects involve the design and construction of machinery for brick providers all over the world.
To achieve transformation of the company at minimal cost.
Lingl UK carried out a detailed review of all of their communication systems and services with Digitel Europe LTD. Their findings were as follows:
- The telephone system was 15 years old and needed to be upgraded.
- The existing cable infrastructure for voice and data was old and needed to be upgraded.
- Broadband speeds were poor at 8 Mbps maximum and required a significant improvement.
- They had purchased videoconferencing equipment and services for both Skype and WhatsApp but none of them worked, resulting in Lingl UK having to make expensive phone calls to their HQ in Germany.
- Their existing Wi-Fi network did not meet requirements
- They needed a solution for mobile workers that worked in remote areas with poor signal strength.
- The Fax machine was on a dedicated analogue line incurring additional costs.
- Replace the existing phone system with a new Temovi real-time communications cloud exchange with video conferencing, mobility and collaboration features.
- Upgrade the old voice and data cabling to CAT 5E to achieve faster data transmission and increase the network reliability.
- Install a fibre Ethernet line with a 50 Mbps upload and download capability, uncontended and unlimited downloads of data.
- The Temovi cloud exchange provides them with a working video conferencing facility that would integrate with their existing equipment for video conferencing and collaboration all over the world.
- Install a new Wi-Fi network with a 900 Mb throughput speed providing a reliable service.
- Commission Temovi business mobile app to provide remote workers with a reliable voice service including video conferencing.
- Install the Temovi Fax server app to replace the existing fax machine and remove the cost and need for an analogue line.
The cabling for telephony was nearly at the end of its life as everybody's handset was crackly, we had really good support from Digitel with any current system issues and so we didn't really want to invest.
However we spoke to Digitel because of our ongoing good business relationship with them and all the features that Neil highlighted on the Temovi Cloud System sounded really good and useful to our business
Mike Acton, Head of Engineering.
Savings of £212.00 per month
All of the above solutions were installed and the Return On Investment (ROI) realised by replacing the old systems and services, produced the following results:
- Mobile bill reduced by over 50%
- Remote mobile workers can now make and receive calls in remote areas to and from Lingl UK head office via their mobile app free of charge.
- With the new Temovi system Lingl UK teams can communicate and collaborate from anywhere anytime with each other free of charge.
- The Temovi fax server now sends faxes to each individual email address or to a central printer for a faster and more efficient response.
The fax is great. The fax goes to the fax server and then to your email, its
brilliant. So, we don't miss an order on that.
Mike Acton, Head of Engineering.